Riverview Baptist Church held its first service on October 20, 2002.
Pastor Shawn Suri, his wife Brandy and their seven children were called of the Lord in August 1999, to reach the Green Bay area and its surrounding communities with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Pastor Shawn Suri is from the Oneida area and feels honored to serve each of these communities.
Riverview Baptist Church offers a variety of tools to help each person no matter the time of life. It is our goal to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with as many as possible. Riverview Baptist Church is a place where you can find a friend, a home, and a family. Please join us and be a part of this special family!
Riverview Baptist Church has had (to date) eight different meeting locations and is in the process of a building program.
- October 20, 2002 — First Service in Howard Village Hall.
- July 2003 — First Service in Oneida Community Building.
- October 2003 — First permanent building on West Mason Street in Green Bay.
- August 2005 — Temporary move to Seymour use of First Baptist Church building.
- December 2005 — Temporary move to Green Bay use of First Bible Baptist Church building.
- April 2007 — Move to De Pere 7 miles from New Building location
- October 2009 — Move across the street in De Pere to a much larger building for growth.
- March 2012 — Move to Main Street in Seymour, Wisconsin.
Eight Years of Accomplishments for the Building Program
- Purchased 5 acres for November $50,000 in 2004
- Paid for permits, site engineering in September 2007
- Secured assistance from sister churches and The Master’s Craftsmen
- Ministry from Wyldewood Baptist Church to help with; framing, roofing, siding and flooring for over 5,000 square foot construction.
- Paid off 5 acres in October 2009
- Currently planning and preparing debt free building program.
Reaching Others for Christ and Eternity
Since the Riverview Baptist Church has been planted we have seen over 250 souls accept Christ and over 100 follow in Believers Baptism. We support 7 missionaries Worldwide and we have an active Soul-winning Ministry. Our goal is to implement future ministries as the Lord provides the workers. Ministries and activities we have done in the past include: Bus, Reformers Unanimous, Men & Boys Camp-outs, Couples Retreats, Ladies Retreats, Vacation Bible Schools with a high attendance of 80 children on Oneida Reservation, Creation Seminars, Church Plant Revival Meeting, Various Soul-winning trips to help area churches, and helping the Bearing Precious Seed Ministry with Bible printing.
To inspire people to develop a heart for God, and to include them in a church family where they can be instructed, and then involved in a ministry that is culturally sensitive, fundamental in doctrine, and determined to aggressively impact the Green Bay area and the regions beyond with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We exist to…
INSPIRE PEOPLE TO DEVELOP A HEART FOR GOD
- Through Christ-honoring music
- Through Biblically-sound preaching
INCLUDE THEM IN A LOVING CHURCH FAMILY (ACTS 2:41)
- Through membership into our church family
- Through fellowship with other believers
INSTRUCT THEM IN BIBLE DOCTRINES (II TIMOTHY 2:2)
- Through Adult Bible Classes
- Through Sunday School Classes
- Through Discipleship Programs
INVOLVE THEM IN MINISTRY (I PETER 4:10)
- Through weekly ministry opportunities
IMPACT THE GREEN BAY AREA AND THE REGIONS
BEYOND WITH THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST (MATTHEW 28:18-20)
- Through weekly soul winning
- Through a worldwide missions program
- Through training and equipping Christians to share
- Christ in the course of their daily lives
Churches RBC has Helped to Establish and Assist
- Open Door Baptist Church, Sue Saint Marie, MI
Jonas Moses, Pastor
- Provided pews and a bus, love offerings, and filled the pulpit for the Pastor.
- First Baptist Church, Seymour, WI
- Remolded building (sheetrock, plastering, paneling, etc).
- Door Bible Baptist Church, Door County, WI
- Participated in a community parade by passing tracts and candy to visitors and parade goers.
- Lighthouse Baptist, Fond Du Lac, WI
- Love Offerings and Soul-winning.
- Calumet Bible Baptist Church, Past Keck & Pastor Shafer
- Soul-winning, Love Offerings, and filled the pulpit for the Pastor.
- Northside Baptist Church, Wausau, WI
Weng Liew, Pastor
- Nursery equipment
- Life Pointe Baptist Church, Verona, WI
Brian Cooper, Pastor
- Soul-winning trip and filled the pulpit for the Pastor.
- Victory Baptist Church, Fresno, CA
- Love offering
9. Baptist Church Plant, Janesville, WI
- Piano Donated
- Cornerstone Baptist Church, Sheboygan, WI,
Ben Jossund, Pastor
- Pews, electric piano, sound equipment, tables, etc.
- Shawano Baptist Church, Shawano, WI
- Sandwich sign, soul-winning, and love offering.